Ancillary Support Member
The ancillary support member shall be recruited to assist in the day-to-day fundraising events held by the fire department. Additional duties could include: building cleaning, parade assistance, etc.
The ancillary support member will become an essential part of the Volunteer Fire Department and is a position designed for those who want to be able to assist their community but are unable to perform the physical duties required by Fire Fighters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To support the department in all fundraising, cleaning, and other special activities. This position will not attend business and other organizational meetings.
Individuals fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of an Ancillary Member will at all-times present themselves in a courteous, professional and responsible manner. The ancillary member can be dismissed at any time by decision of the corporation.
- Participate in Fundraising Activities on a regular basis
- Assist with cleaning and special building projects when requested
QUALIFICATION AND SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Minimum 18 Years of Age
- Complete initial interview with membership committee
- Live within Hancock County, WV
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions using the English language.
- Participate in fundraising.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public; to work effectively as a team member.
- Perform community service activities.
Provided by Fire Line & Business Line Officers.
- Community Service Hours
- Company Picnic and Christmas Party
- Benefit of providing vital assistance to Community First Responders